Selling Tips for a Successful Fall Fundraiser
The change of seasons from Summer to Fall sometimes feels like the whole world slows down and our families settle into a new routine for the school year. Therefor, October lends itself perfectly to being a time for reflection, gratitude, and giving back!
2023 Harvest Bundle Update
As our team at Indeygo wraps up our annual Harvest Bundle Fundraiser, we’re happy to share that 35 different schools across Alberta participated in this year’s fundraiser, including schools from Edmonton, Calgary, Sherwood Park, Red Deer, Fort Saskatchewan and the Bow Valley, just to name a few! As part of our Giving Back Food Bank Option, participating schools made over 1,000 food bank donations and donated more than 5,000 lbs. of veggies to various food banks! It’s great to see the impact of our Harvest Bundle Fundraiser had for communities across Alberta! If you’d like to be a part of this fundraiser next year, get in touch early.
A popular and wonderful thing to do during the Fall season and after Thanksgiving is giving back to your local Food Bank!
According to Food Banks Canada, 1,462,795 visits were made to Canadian Food Banks in 2022. In March of 2022 alone, 4,045,013 meals and snacks were served. While 17.9% of Canadian food bank users are single adults with children, the total percentage of food bank users in Canada that are children is 33.1%! If you’d like to know more about Food Banks Canada’s HungerCount Report, check out their latest 2022 report here.
Fall 2023 Fundraising
October–December are the biggest fundraising months of the year! Are you ready to take advantage of this popular fall fundraising season?
We know you lead a busy life, which is why we are here to provide you with the proper tips and tools that will ensure that your fall fundraiser sales are wildly successful. We exist to provide a stress-free and profitable fundraising option for groups in need of raising money.
We’ve put together a list of tips to help you successfully fundraise this season!
Tip 1: Explain you Fundraiser Ideas & Goals
- Let people know why you are fundraising and what your goals are as a group and individually. Tell your story: let them know you are buying new equipment, hiring a new coach or raising funds for field trips.
Tip 2: Get the Word Out
- Does your office have a coffee room or an administrative desk? Print out some order forms and place them on the tables or at the lobby desk (add your online store link to generate sales)!
- Put up order forms in your school, arena, sports facility, or community center to let people know about your fundraiser.
- Go around town and ask local businesses to hang your order forms on their notice boards. Most local businesses are happy to lend a hand for a good cause.
Tip 3: Online Fundraising Ideas
- Selling on Social Media
- Encourage your sellers to post on Social Media (ask us about social media templates) on their personal social media accounts to boost fundraising reach
- Create a Facebook group for the exclusive purpose of selling your product and invite friends and family to join.
- Selling Over Email
- Using the supplied email template (found in the fundraising guide), email your contacts asking them to get their fall baking done ahead of schedule!
- Use Indeygo’s Online Store
- You can easily use your online store with Indeygo to drive your sales, simply share the link over email, through text, word of mouth or on your social media. Making sales quick, convenient and in one location.
Tip 4: Fundraising Event Ideas
- Selling at a Community Event
- Find new ways to fundraise. Such as, checking your local community calendar to see if there are any community events during your fundraiser time period. Generally, booking a booth to pre-sell your products, or ordering in advance, so that you have product on site, can help increase sales.
- Fall Bake Exchanges
- For a fun fundraising idea, organize a fall bake exchange! Who do you know who takes part in fall bake exchanges or hosts family gatherings over the holidays? These people in your life will love the idea of not having to search for new recipes, especially during this busy time of the year.
We can’t wait to hear from you to start your most successful fundraiser ever! Get in touch today!